Thursday 16 February 2012

 After being told that I need to expose I screen I quickly chose some images from my primary photos that I could experiment with. These detailed patterns are good for being used on their own or being repeated as a pattern which fits in with my chosen words of; Singular and Repetition.
 After exposing my screen and being shown how to mix pigment dyes, I chose to use the colour of a light brown as a strating point and printed on to a variety of different fabrics to test how the pigment dyes would react with certain fabrics. The pigment dyes for me worked best when used on top of white cotton.
 After trying the pigment dyes out on fabric, I wanted to try them out on different papers which I had bought from Fred Aldous. Even though the papers I used weren't too bold or distracting, they took away the boldness and linear effects of the print. I don't think using papers could become anymore than what I have achieved already- which is a basic print on a colourful unique background.

No comments:

Post a Comment