Saturday 23 March 2013

College One: My First Tutorial...

As I got on the option I wanted which was the Secondary School, the first tutorial was about finding out specific information and getting to know each other and a little bit about each other's background. As Darwen Aldridge is a community academy, the teachers are allowed to deliver the curriculum in a flexible way. The academy has a Gallery area and shop which needs volunteers and doing this options gives me the opportunity to explore the idea and see if it would work for me. On the ground floor of the academy, there is a community floor that the academy lends out to functions, this way they develop an income.

We would be creating an extension activity that would have to link in with their exam questions. This years topic will be based on Covert and Obscure. It is up to all the people in the group to decide whether we will do proposals in groups or individual proposals but only one will be picked and everyone will have to get involved with the proposal picked. When considering a proposal for a workshop there will be time constraints as well as limited resources and space.

I have to be confident with my proposal and therefore want to base it on something that inspired me. I would need to work on this idea so that it revolves around the theme of Covert and Obscure.

  • My idea for a proposal would be to have them show of their drawing skills by making them draw something in the speed of a piece of music I or they have chosen.
  • Or for the students to create something they consider to be perfect, then do the above option over it, it will loosen them up and allow them to be more creative and free with there work. 
  • I think my aim in any of the proposals I make is too challenge the concept of drawing and explore it using mixed media's. The students could draw on a1 sheets of paper using wax then swap them about, the students will then use inks to go over each others work to bring up their hidden drawings, would the students recognize their own work?
Resources will be provided if reasonable but they would have to be stated and shown in the planning with time ahead. Film equipment would have to be pack tested, risk assessments would be taken out and parental consent will be needed for documentation involving children's identity.

For planning and delivering workshops bear in mind that year 12 students will have the attention span for 10 minutes before they loose it, so I will need to deliver all the information on the practical workshop before the time limit runs out. A mock workshop may be needed.

If all goes well, I may be able to use Louise as a reference.

I will document my work through my blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment