Wednesday 17 October 2012

Memory-Clowns

For my starting point I did a lot of research on what can affect other people’s memories. As my experimental work I wanted to begin with what I can remember from my childhood and what stands out to me. Doing this project so far has made me realise that unless I really think about a memory, it might as well not be there. What I started off with was a figure that once drawn out looks very similar to that of a clown. The prints that I have done look disturbing, they remind me of why I do not like clowns, so this is a disturbing image to work with. I started out making block prints of the clown.
 
Thinking about this image more and trying to place features to the face, it began to come together. Once seeing some final prints I feel like something is still missing and I can’t figure out what it is. Even seeing some of the prints finished I still cannot place why this is a memory, I have asked my brother and even though he agrees it is ‘creepy’ he cannot remember it either. I am pleased with how these prints turned out but they lack realism and detail, even using set colours and the clown having a face, something is still missing…


No comments:

Post a Comment