Sunday 18 March 2012

The David Haslam Talk...

I did not really know what to expect going to this talk but I was surprised by how much I understood. David Haslam talked a lot about different bands that started out in margins but after time some grew more popular but not completely mainstream. What I got from this lecture was that a small scene has potential to grow, mainly publicised by the word of mouth. David Haslam believes that culture lies within the margins and carries significance. What I aim to take out of the lecture is that the margins are on a smaller scale than commercial but that does not mean that eventually they won’t be as big, because they could. Translated to my project; the smallest of my ideas could be the one that has the biggest potential and also to look at places around Manchester that aren’t as obvious and common.

No comments:

Post a Comment